Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dreaming of Jeannie's Kitchen

When I'm not busy with one of the million things I do to distract myself from my failed music career, I'm at home, watching House Hunters and wishing I knew how to whip up beef bouillon.  In truth, I'm not much of a cook.  But I love kitchens!  Specifically, I have a mild obsession with mid-century kitchen design. While almost every lemming featured on the aforementioned House Hunters ooohs and ahhhs at the stainless steel appliances, dark wood cabinets and granite countertops of kitchens like the one below...I find such design banal...and boring! 


 
 
I would far prefer a space that was unique and cool...and full of character...like the kitchen featured on the cover of a recent issue of Atomic Ranch Magazine.


I also like the unique mix of stainless steel appliances and mid-century modern inspired cabinets of the kitchen below.


Lastly, who can resist turquoise and red!  Not ME!!!  Love Love LOVE IT!!!  
Give me funky, quirky, and colorful over those modern day earth tone cliches any day!

No comments: